Subject: Re: _KERNEL cpp symbol in kernel source
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1999 19:34:26
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
>> If someone could point me to the Darwin code, I'd be more than
>> happy to try this again.  Our previous effort was hampered in
>> several ways, only one of which was the licensing terms.
>
>It was my understanding that the Darwin code is also encombered. That the
>Apple source license is restrictive enough to get us in the same trouble.
>:-)

I found a really old piece of code written in C++ that implements HFS
access using command line style syntax.  It predates all the other HFS
utility packages I've seen.  There is an author's name, e-mail address,
and a comment that he's willing to talk about other uses or license
agreements.  If anyone wants to take a look at it, use it as a guide for
writing an in-kernel HFS or to try to contact the authur just let me know.

-bob