Subject: Re: _KERNEL cpp symbol in kernel source
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1999 19:34:25
Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com> wrote:

>as for the rest of sysinst, there are a number of MI user-interface
>problems that i believe cgd is working on, and there are still a few rough
>edges in the mac68k partitioning code, but nothing that cannot be worked
>out relatively easily by someone (i.e. bob) who knows a little more about
>the partition map layout than myself.  i've recently received mail from
>bob about it, and i think he's back working on it again (at least if i can
>get mail to his AOL address to stop bouncing, maybe i can be sure of this
>:-)

I guess I've introduced a couple of problems that I'm trying to fix.  The
AOL screw-up was all my fault.  I've switched ISPs and didn't realize my
default for outgoing mail was getting routed to my AOL account.

There are a couple of problems with the sysinst that I ran into and I'm
working on trying to get them fixed.  If anyone has the time and
resources to try it out and give me some feedback on changes that will
make it better or easier to use I'll certainly do my best to get them in.
 I'm only offering to work the mac68k/macppc disk partition issues
though.  My hope is that all the rest will remain fully compatible with
the other ports and will benefit from the MI changes made in the ports
with more user experience with sysinst.

-bob
rnestor@augustmail.com  (also BobNestor@aol.com and formerly
rnestor@metronet.com)