Subject: heavy packages+solution?!
To: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1999 22:19:42
Steve Revilak wrote:
>/The solution was to use the -I option. Guess something is broken in the
>script.
>
>Glad it worked out.
>
>Now to statify my curiosity  of what "-I" does...
>
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>Steve Revilak
>revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu

Hi Steve,
here is an excerpt from "man pkg_add"

>     -I      If an installation script exists for a given package, do not exe-
>             cute it.
>
>     -n      Don't actually install a package, just report the steps that
>             would be taken if it was.
>
>     -R      Do not record the installation of a package.  This means that you
>             cannot deinstall it later, so only use this option if you know
>             what you are doing!
>
>     -f      Force installation to proceed even if prerequisite packages are
>             not installed or the requirements script fails.  Although pkg_add
>             will still try to find and auto-install missing prerequisite
>             packages, a failure to find one will not be fatal.

and the solution for:
/2.so maybe i solve the problem by reinstalling the sets (not for the first
/time)
/but then i wonder how to (over)install the most proper way without
/overwriting changed or added files and/or directories:
/a. with the installer?
/b.pax -zrvpe -f /path/to/setname.tgz

I've chosen for pax -zrvupe -f /path/to/setname.tgz

the -u option leaves doesn't overwrite newer files.
Also the -k option seems the option not ot overwrite existing files at all.

But now a 3rd and 4th problem cropped up:
3.pkgsrc.tgz is a "corrupt inode killer"
4.so i went to the ftp.nebsd.server and wanted to enter the 1.4 section.
Permission denied? What the f*ck goes on there?
The whole hierarchy seems to be shuffled or partly disappeared.
Did i enter at an inconvenient time? Were they having 'sup'per?

Later,
T@W