Subject: Netatalk problems
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Jiggins <matt@barclay.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1999 15:10:38
Hello all,

	I write to ask some advice with netatalk. The package seems to
install ok - it does give me and ldconfig error, but this is because it is
unable to find /usr/bin/X11R6 (or something like that) - i obviously don't
have X installed. BUT everything else pulls off sans hitch.

	SO when I run /usr/pkg/etc/rc.atalk the following occurs:

- - - - - - -
[root]# sh ./rc.atalk
starting appletalk daemons: atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register stgeorge:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register stgeorge:netatalk@*
 nbprgstr papd afpd.
- - - - - - -

(stgeorge is the host name)

Top shows that atalkd is running. BUT not afpd or papd (although I'm not
looking for printing...)

I try to connect using a mac and it says I can't - please try again.

To note: I have 2 ethernetcards (ae0 and sn0) one is assigned an IP
(192.168.1.254) the other gets it's IP via DHCP.

Can anyone help me?? I'm quite baffled... and the documentation is unique
at best :)

-thanx muchly!!

matt

matt@barclay.net