Subject: Re: _KERNEL cpp symbol in kernel source
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1999 08:33:59
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
 Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

 > I think you'll need some opt files. These files control their behavior
 > based on kernel compile options, which we're now going controlling with
 > generated headders (so you can compile kernel options, the files change,
 > and the depend code in make regens the right files).

Why do you need to use the actual FFS code?  If this is for a boot
program, use the FFS reading package in libsa.

You could certainly also add simple write support to the libsa FFS
package.  I mean, it's not like you have to interact with the buffer
cache, deal with the vnode layer, etc. in a boot block :-)