Subject: pppd problems: LCP Config-Request?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David Linker <dtlinker@u.washington.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/1999 23:52:24
I have NetBSD 1.4 running on an SE/30, and am trying to get pppd to work.

I have followed instructions published by Mark Andres, and everything
seems to work, up to logging in to the host, establishing a connection,
and starting ppp, but then there is an error and the connection is
terminated. Using tail, I get the following sequence just prior to
termination:

... {a lot of stuff here, then}
Serial connection established
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
LC: timeout sending Config-Request
LC: timeout sending Config-Request

and then it disconnects

I have read through the man pages on pppd, and tried a couple of settings,
such as passive, without any improvement. I have tried apropos LCP, but
find nothing. I realize that LCP means link control protocol, and have
searched for it as well, but have not found anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David Linker