Subject: Re: _KERNEL cpp symbol in kernel source
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/1999 18:57:50
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

> > The current policy is that _headder_ files need the conditionalization.
>
> 	I guess that is fair enough, except that I am trying to create
> a library for the FS code. These files, in particular, are the problem:

> > >    * ufs/{ufs_inode.c,ufs_vfsops.c,ufs_vnops.c}
> > >
> > >    * vfs/{vfs_lookup.c,vfs_subr.c,vfs_syscalls.c}

I think you'll need some opt files. These files control their behavior
based on kernel compile options, which we're now going controlling with
generated headders (so you can compile kernel options, the files change,
and the depend code in make regens the right files).

For instance, the ufs code changes behavior if endian-independence is
built in. Which it learns about from opt_ffs.h.

Take care,

Bill