Subject: Re: Small-screen X, beginner's docs
To: Larry Kollar <Larry.Kollar@arris-i.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/1999 09:23:35
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Larry Kollar wrote:

>  - Are there any X window managers that work well for small screens?
>    (Think SE/30 here.) I've used AfterStep on a 640x480 monitor and the
>    icon dock takes up 'way too much room....

	Windowmaker allows you to select the icon size, so you can shrink
	the dock down. It also has virtual desktops and is very easy to
	configure. Alternatively fvwm2 can be configured up and down the
	wazoo but its not for the newbie :)

>  - Is there a "NetBSD for newbies" anywhere on the net? If not, I can
>    teach him what he needs to know, and I think he'll be motivated to
>    learn -- if his mom can't get past the login prompt, she can't snoop
>    his files. :-)

	Not currently, but if you would be willing to contribute the
	first few pages I can definitely get it put up on www.netbsd.org.
	If you have time the please consider thi as it would benefit
	many others! :)

		David/absolute

                  -=-  Resentment is a renewable resource  -=-