Subject: Re: Booting on IIsi with Radius TPD 19
To: Jason Garratt <jgarratt@interchange.ubc.ca>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1999 23:29:41
> I've just installed NetBSD onto my old IIsi with 5MB of ram and a Radius
> TPD 19 display and nubus video card.  The system boots fine when I use
> internal video for my main display but when I use the video card display,
> NetBSD only prints memory information and nothing else.

Actually, it would work if you plug something into your internal display
port to make the mac think that you have something there.  Basically,
the problem is that the memory map is different if you have a display
present and if there is no display present, you only have 1MB of RAM at
physical address 0, which isn't enough to load NetBSD.  It would be
great if someone could get around to fixing this, but it's not very high
on anyone's list...

-allen