Subject: Q900 info
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/1999 14:08:16
	I've built a couple more kernels for my Q900 and tested them.
Here's what I get:

SCC IOP base: 0x8f3000
ISM IOP base: 0x905000
OLD cs0: 0x82
OLD cs1: 0x86
OLD cs2: 0x87 (i = 1)

	Then it prints the copyright and dies somewhere before the kernel
version is displayed. So it appears to be somewhere in the UVM code? What
has changed in the UVM code between 06061999 and -current? Because the 1.3C
GENERIC kernel that I have boots just fine on the Q900. I'm going to try
building a GENERIC kernel... the ones I have built have been using a custom
config, but nothing too outlandish. Just removed a couple things like mace
ethernet and slip interfaces, etc.

	One of the things I did was put in some printf's to see just where
the thing is dying... it never reaches cpu_startup(), it dies between the
printing of the copyright banner and cpu_startup(), which is uvm_init().
Any ideas why this might be? Does any of the UVM code touch the IOP's?

	Thanks,

	Ryan
--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!