Subject: Re: Ghostscript, now remote printing troubles.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1999 22:27:12
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I'm not familiar with LPRng, so I can't say much. But "netcat" sounds like
> what I'd name the command in question. Figure out how you "netcat" a file
> to a foreign lpd and you're set.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

Woo hoo! LRPng it is!!! I grabbed the sources off the FreeBSD site and
it compiled no problems. It's command compatible with LPD so I just
replaced all the commands with the new versions, started LPD and it
worked like a charm. No problem handling the big binary that gs output.
I think I've got some residual config problems to overcome to get PAP
working but its looking good. Next I'll try to figure out if the serial
ports are screwed or if it's my bad.

cheers,

Matthew