Subject: RE: permission denied...
To: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@guy.chonju21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1999 09:06:57
> L=EA Quan Ninhwrote:
>=20
> / I just installed NetBSD 1.4 on my PowerBook 520.=20
>=20
> Congrats!
>=20
> / It seems that the install
> / was successful but after I indicates vt220 as a terminal, the sentence
> / "Don't login as root, use the su command" appears.
>=20
  From one newbie to another, here are two things I think you'd want to=20
start learning:

The vi editor:

# man vi
To learn how to use it:

# vi

To start using it.  You can use this edit files like "/etc/rc.conf" which
you will need to edit to get into multi user mode.

I would try and get Xwindows going next, by reading the FAQ.

To get some programs installed without too much trouble, the NetBSD
package system: "very handy"

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/Packages.txt

I was too late in finding this.

  Good luck,

=09=09Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea