Subject: Re: ||ci and PC
To: Bartosz Tomczak <bartekt@nl.pl>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1999 19:07:37
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Bartosz Tomczak wrote:

> thx i didn`t think bout zip (hic!)
> could u explain some details bout instalation ?
check out the install documentation on www.netbsd.org.  Follow links to
the mac68k port.

> let`s asume i have distribution of NetBSD on my mac disk , what`s next?
backup MacOS drive
repartition (or better yet, have a second drive for NetBSD only)
newfs
install
boot

this is in the install docs.

also, go to the netbsd web page and subscribe to port-mac68k mailing list.

> can i make it dual boot ?
yes.  Basically with mac's you always have to boot to MacOs and then run a
program which kicks out macos and boots netbsd.

> and what about conecting NetBSD/mac to PC ?
in what sense?  you mean after making your mac a NetBSD machine?  What os
in on the PC?  If you mean to get the netbsd distribution, you need to get
a termnial program for MacOS and for the PC.  (zterm, kermit, etc)   I
don't really know where from though.  Such programs support file transfer.

-Dan