Subject: Re: audio device
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1999 09:52:12
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Colin Wood wrote:

> > The Singer might be the chip in the x100's rather than the Performas.  I'm
> > a little fuzzy.  The Performas (well, some of them are called PowerMacs,
> > but the 52/53/62/63...), though, are basically Quadras with a PPC card,
> > so....  ;-)
>
> the singer is only in the AV mac's.  the x100's use the AWACS chip.  if
> the performas really are quadras, perhaps they use EASC's?  if so, i can
> tell you how they work, sort of :-)

Actually, turns out it's the DFAC II on the Performas.  I knew I'd seen
Singer somewhere, though.  The Singer is actually a close cousin to AWACS,
virtually a subset of AWACS functionality.  I'd suggest that you start
from the NuBus (PDM) AWACS support in MkLinux and work from there to
modify it to do the strict Singer spec and the PSC DMA model.  That should
be a lot easier than starting from scratch, I'd think.

David