Subject: Re: RTSP Proxy Question
To: Matthew Jiggins <matt@barclay.net>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/13/1999 17:22:56
Matthew Jiggins wrote:
> BTW - I'd also love to hear from anyone who has successfully compiled
> Apple Real Time Streaming Proxy server...

As someone mentioned already, RTSP is dependant on pthreads.  Therefore,
until the m68k pthreads patch is submitted, no one can successfully
build RTSP on a NetBSD/m68k machine (except maybe me ;-).

I have pthreads working on my NetBSD/mac68k machine with one gotcha: a
warning is given if the compiled program directly accesses stdout,
stdin, or stderr.  However, the warning is completely harmless.  Right
now I'm waiting on Christoph Badura to try a test program on a couple of
other NetBSD ports and see if the warning shows up elsewhere.  Either
way, I really don't see a reason not have the patch submitted since the
warning is harmless.

	-andy