Subject: Boot Failure
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Boyd <daniel@fatcomp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1999 18:09:08
I just installed NetBSD on my old Mac LCII and I can't get it to boot.

The LCII is running System 7.0.1 and I attempted to install NetBSD 1.4.

The LC II has 6MB of RAM (i'll put 10 in it soon).  I'm not sure if it
has an FPU or not, but I was to understand that there is an FPU
emulator available.

When I try to boot into NetBSD, it freezes before leaving the MacOS.
The screen enters 1-bit mode and then freezes.

What's wrong?

And, while I'm at it, I also have NetBSD running on my Mac Centris
660AV.  Everything seems to work just fine, except that it continually
reports Collision Errors every time there is any network activity.  The
network works...i've download quite a few packages and set it up as a
web server.

I tried unplugging the ethernet cord to see if it was an external
problem (IP address conflict etc...) but it still reports the collision
errors...

Could the problem be a bad AAUI tranceiver?

-Daniel Boyd
-danboyd@mail.utexas.edu