Subject: Re: Ghostscript, again.
To: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1999 13:39:59
On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Matthew Reilly wrote:

> I'm sorry to post more Ghostscript questions but I've searched the
> archives and couldn't find any answers. I'm trying to get Ghostscript
> 5.50 to work with my Stylus 740 connected to my Quadra 700. I've got the

First off, does Ghostscript support this printer explicitly? Printer
makers often change the control codes from model to model. :-)

> printer hooked up to the modem port. I applied Bill's serial speed patch
> and set the default port speed to 230400, a speed the printer seems to
> like when I use a ZTerm. When I boot this is the message I get about the
> serial ports:

Looks fine.

To seperate what's going on, I'd suggest you do it in steps. First
disentangle ghostscript from printing. You're got too many variables.
It's not clear if you've got communications errors, ghostscript errors, or
what.

Can you print uner MacOS in ZTerm?

If so, can you get tip to print also? Try something like

in /etc/remote:

styling|the printer that wont:dv=/dev/tty00:br#230400:pa=none:dc:

(see the man page for more details). then try

tip styling

which should open a connection. Then it's like you're in ZTerm. Does it
work as well as ZTerm at printing?

To test ghostscript, have ghostscript generate a file, and then try using
ZTerm to print it. That way you can see if GS is ok or not...

Take care,

Bill