Subject: NONE
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Keith Fischer <kfischer@poisonlab.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1999 08:54:43
Hi all,

Anyone else have ip-nat running on a cable modem?  Just curious as to
what ttype of speed I should be expecting.  Right now I can get a Win95
client to connect to a web site but it takes forever and a day to load a
 page.  I can't tell if it is the Win client config or the Quadra 700
NetBSD 1.4 bogging down.  Seems like packets just take their sweet time
to get over to the Win95 side.

A netstat -i reveals that there aren't any packet errors and the ipnat
-l shows that the NAT is being created correctly.

Both individual networks (Internet and LAN) work fine.  But crossing the
 two is SLOW.  Anyone see a prob with these settings in NetBSD:

rc.conf:
-----------
hostname ="cx10#####-a"  (actual numbers in place of the # sign)
defaultroute-="24.8.169.1"  (this is the IP of the router/cable modem)
domainname="fed1.sdca.home.com"
ipfilter=YES
ipnat=YES

resolv.conf:
----------------
domain fed1.sdca.home.com
nameserver 24.0.3.33
nameserver 24.0.3.34
lookup bind file

ifconfig.ae0
------------------
inet 24.8.169.45 netmask 255.255.255.0

ifconfig.sn0
-------------------
inet 10.0.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

ipnat.conf
--------------
map ae0 10.0.2.0/24 -> 24.8.169.45 portmap tcp/udp 10000:40000

Any suggestions would be cool

Cheers,
Keith

Keith C. Fischer