Subject: Re: Serial speed.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1999 13:07:33
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> What isn't happy is that the code which reads these values only supports
> baud rates available from the baud rate generator. 230400 isn't available
> from the BRG, so this value gets dropped.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

Does this mean I won't have any luck getting the port to work at this
speed with the printer? stty reports that the speed is 230400 when it's
printing but it's still printing garbage. I've been playing around with
the printcap file trying to make it happy but I've had no luck yet. In
fact, when I set up the printer to use dtr&cts (which the manual says it
supports) the computer freezes at boot right after lpd starts up. Oh
well, I was thinking about buying a little printer server that connects
to the printer's parallel port and supports lpr.

cheers,

Matthew Reilly