Subject: Re: RTSP Proxy Question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Brown <chrsbrwn@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1999 15:17:22
Matthew Jiggins wrote:
>         I was wondering if anyone had personal experiences to add to this?
>
>         OR has anyone successfully compiled or gotten streaming to work???

Yes, actually :) . A little while back, I posted the changes to my
ipnat.conf that allowed quicktime streaming to work to my powermac 6100.
I don't know where the list archives are kept; try looking in there, but
if you can't find it in there, I will post it again tonight once I get home.

As to the Apple RTSP proxy, I looked into that, but the code is heavily
reliant on pthreads, which don't currently work with NetBSD-mac68k. From
recent traffic on the list, I would say that situation is very close to
changing. Once we have pthreads, the Apple proxy should be the best
solution, for Quicktime streaming, because it works to any computer on
your internal network, where a IPNAT rdr command only works to one
specific ip number, and therefore only with one machine.

--
Chris Brown -- Macintosh networking/Web development
<chrsbrwn@mindspring.com> <http://www.mindspring.com/~chrsbrwn>