Subject: xntpd.html files missing ?
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@guy.chonju21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1999 09:22:59
  I was trying to get my time to sync up to an ntp server automatically.
Since I started running my machine 24 hours, I started to notice that time
loss problem more.
  So I read the faq and tried to use that xntp daemon.  But I had trouble
figuring out how to use it, so I put this entry in /var/cron/tabs/root
file:
0       *       *       *       *  ntpdate ntp.css.gov

to have it sync up once an hour to the ntp server ntp.css.gov

 That seems to work.  Does anyone have any comments on what they did?

Now to the subject of this message.  In the xntpd man page I found
this:
FILES
     /etc/ntp.conf      the default name of the configuration file
     /etc/ntp.drift     the default name of the drift file
     /etc/ntp.keys      the default name of the key file
     /usr/share/doc/xntp/index.html
     /usr/share/doc/xntp/xntpd.html

but the last files are listed are not on my system-- are they yours?
I thought they would give more info on how to use the daemon.

	Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea