Subject: Re: 3 wishes
To: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
From: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/1999 13:34:13
> 1.Now here's a problem which 'bugs' me for some time now:
> is there a way to defragment in an easy way in stead of rebuilding the
> filesystem?

ufs/ffs doesn't need defragmentation software in the traditional sense, in
fact it doesn't need it at all.

> 3.I can obtain a diskless/ramless (which is no problem) Quadra700 with
> new (swapped) motherboard for $250. Is this a reasonable price? I
> don't want to spend too much extra on another 68k.

Holy hell, that better include a trinitron 15 inch monitor, shipping, and
damn nice keyboard.

I wouldn't go through ebay, mainly becaus they're an auction place, and
'sides they do run NT..

I would however check out the local papers, newsgroups or lowendmac.com
for classified ads.

One person with whom I've seem to be having good luck is

David Baucom http://members.aol.com/davidbauc/macsite.htm

He sells all sorts of Mac stuff at a (IMO) reasonable price. I for
instance got a Q650 (which is faster than the 700 IIRC) 24/80, keyboard,
mouse, and shipping for $117.  Imagine getting two of those, for $250 ;)

'Couse if you're looking for a small footprint, I've got most of an SE
that I'd be willing to sell you for $250 ;)

- alex

I thought felt your touch
In my car, on my clutch
But I guess it's just someone who felt a lot like I remember you.
  - Translator