Subject: Booting on IIsi with Radius TPD 19
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Garratt <jgarratt@interchange.ubc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/1999 12:28:29
Hi:

I've just installed NetBSD onto my old IIsi with 5MB of ram and a Radius
TPD 19 display and nubus video card.  The system boots fine when I use
internal video for my main display but when I use the video card display,
NetBSD only prints memory information and nothing else.  Once the booter
takes over the entire screen all that is printed is:

System RAM: 4915200 bytes in 1200 pages.
    Low = 0x50000, high = 0x100000
    Low = 0x4000000, high = 0x4400000
  Video address = 0xf9900200
  Int video starts at 0xfee08000
  Length = 0x50000 (367680) bytes

After the above is printed, the harddisk still crunches possibly
indicating that netbsd is still booting but not displying anything to the
display.  The same problem occurs if I check "Don't Disable VBL
Interrupts on Video Card" in the booter settings.

How can I get netbsd to boot using my TPD display?  Is the radius TPD
display supported?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason