Subject: IBM Drive
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tallinu <root@greatpumpkin.ctaz.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/1999 11:29:00
From tallinu  Fri Jul  9 11:23:02 1999
	by greatpumpkin.ctaz.com (8.8.8/8.8.8) id LAA00262
	for port-mac68k.netbsd.org; Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:23:02 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:23:02 -0700 (MST)
From: Tallinu <tallinu>
To: port-mac68k.netbsd.org

Hi all,

I'm also running one of those IBM DDRS? drives too.. (IBM Part #K3980, 4.55GB SCSI Ultrastar 9ES).. anyhow, I have the init and drivers installed from the included CD, part of Disk Drive Tune Up SE by Softwarch)...

anyhow recently first the red exclamation point popped up on the driver when MAcOS loads, and now it popped up on the ZIP as well. The boot disc with macOS is not shown with the exclamation point, but a symbol that seems to indiciate it works (or has a MacOS partition?).

When the load Disk Drive Tune Up, it shows the yellow and black barber pole on my SWAP partition on the IBM (sd2b), sort of indicating that I don't have the drivers loaded on the disc, which I do. I removed the swap partition, reinstalled them using SE and then put it back on and used MKFS. I then booted into netBSD, and it works fine..

Just wondering if there is some odd code in the drivers that is not setup for non macOS partitions.

Also the IBM drive is the last drive in exterior SCSI chain (got the ZIP then the IBM). now I am using a straight thru cable for the SCSI cable, do I need to terminate the last pin before it gets to the IBM drive? Also there is power to the SCSI adapter that then plugs into the IBM drive.. this might cause some odd problems on the BUS... not sure if the specs changed, since I think the last pin used to be terminated for power reasons then the SCSI board powered?

anyhow things are still working fine, except for the intermitant report of the kernal being bad (I think it happens when I use the monitors control panel before booting).

any ideas?

Thansk

- JCS