Subject: Re: netbsd.GENERIC-6/Q. about dump
To: None <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1999 14:38:56
T@W wrote:
> Hi all,
> the testkern works fine on my LC475.
> CAPS_LOCK still on though.

hmmm...still strange...

> Q:how do i change "root on sd1a dumps on sd1b" to "root on sd1a dumps on sd0b"
> in the bootup.
> I guess i have to recompile the kernel?

yep.

> Problem is that my knowledge of the settings is too little to know exactly
> what i have to change in the apropriate files.

last i checked, the config file itself (in this case,
sys/arch/mac68k/conf/GENERIC), should contain a line that pretty much
says:

# Kernel root file system and dump configuration.
config          netbsd  root on ? type ?

change that to:

config		netbsd	root on sd1a dumps on sd0b

and you should be good to go, i believe.

> Have to do some  more reading before  i'll have this knowledge, so if there
> is an easier way, please point me to it.

be sure to take a look at the kernel-compiling howto on www.netbsd.org.

i hope this helps some.

later.

colin