Subject: Re: making lesstif from pkgsrc
To: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jeffbsd@yahoo.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1999 21:13:27
On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Jeffrey Ohlmann wrote:

> I'm trying to make & install lesstif from the packages
> collection.  'make' goes along well enough until I get
> this:
>
> Making all in mwm
> /usr/local/bin/pkglibtool-1.2p1 --mode=link cc  -O
> -pipe -DNONSTANDARD_CONVERTE
> cc -O -pipe -DNONSTANDARD_CONVERTERS -DLESSTIF_VERBOSE
> -DLESSTIF_PRODUCTION -WlE
                          ^

Is that a past-o, or is that really what it does? The rest of the line
is missing, it should be more like "... -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib ... -lXt ..."

Could it be that you have file-system corruption on the drive you're
building on? Try supping using the directions in
/usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt, but instead of "sup -v" use "sup -ov". That
will check the size and date of every file in pkgsrc and emit a
message and download the current version if it's incorrect.