Subject: Re: Shared library troubles
To: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
From: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1999 15:20:10
On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Andy Finnell wrote:

> ahh... but NetBSD/mac68k uses a.out, not elf.  That's why c++rt0.o has
> to passed into ld (according to the man pages anyway).  Here's the
> command to create libpthread.so.1.60 correctly:

ELF or a.out, you're still going to have to pass the runtime objects to
*ld*.  Have you tried gcc -shared?  I'm pretty sure it worked with
fbsd/a.out too, but the ELF tools are much newer..

> > Do you have duplicate sets of headers installed?
>
> So its a class or a structure?  I was think along the lines of a
> function...  I didn't think to check the headers, but I don't think so.
> I'll check.

I'm pretty sure.  I can't think of any reason why a function's size would
be checked (in fact, that's almost the whole point of shlibs)..  also,
turn off any exotic options.

- alex