Subject: RE: making lesstif from pkgsrc
To: None <jeffbsd@yahoo.com>
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1999 17:55:12
/ Making all in mwm
/ /usr/local/bin/pkglibtool-1.2p1 --mode=link cc  -O
/ -pipe -DNONSTANDARD_CONVERTE
/ cc -O -pipe -DNONSTANDARD_CONVERTERS -DLESSTIF_VERBOSE
/ -DLESSTIF_PRODUCTION -WlE
/ defaults.o: Undefined symbol
/ `__XmAddBackgroundToColorCache' referenced from tet
/ defaults.o: Undefined symbol
/ `__XmAddBackgroundToColorCache' referenced from tet
/ defaults.o: Undefined symbol
/ `__XmAddBackgroundToColorCache' referenced from tet
/ mwm.o: Undefined symbol `__XmSleep' referenced from
/ text segment
/ *** Error code 1

"Undefined symbol <raboof>" is the compilers way of saying "you're
telling me to do something with <raboof> but I haven't the foggiest idea
what <raboof> is."

"Xm" a string generally associated with Motif/lesstif libraries,
widgets, etc.  It almost looks like there's a header file that's not
being included somewhere.

I've not tried compiling from pkgsrc (and unfortunatley I'm
embarrasingly unfamiliar with building from pkgsrc in general -- I've
either used precompiled versions, or built directly from "regular"
sources.  Something I've got to investigate at somepoint).

On a concillatory note, I believe there's a binary (precompiled) version
available int the packages collection.  Once upon a time, I built it
(0.85) from Lesstif's source distribution, and it went without a hitch.

Good luck....

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu

Stop.

And then several more 'Error code 1 / Stop.' messages.
Am I missing some dependency somewhere?  Has anyone
made lesstif recently?  I just installed the pkgsrc
recently so I trust the sources are new.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ohlmann