Subject: Re: Shared library troubles
To: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
From: Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1999 14:35:17
On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Andy Finnell wrote:

> I've solved one of the problems. :-)  It turns out the warning ld.so was
> giving me and the following seg-fault are unrelated.  After reading the
> man files (when all else fails...) I discovered that /usr/lib/c++rt0.o
> should be passed in to ld when the libpthread.so.1.60 is being built.
> By simply adding c++rt0.o to the arguments, the seg-fault goes away. :-)

Uhm, how are you creating your shared libraries?  I know with Linux, and
FreeBSD/elf, you just need to use cc -shared -o libfoo.so foo.o bar.o (or
c++ if it's a C++ shared library).

>  Now if I can figure out how to make the warning go away...

The warning that you're getting indicates that the library was built with
structure/class foo with size bar, but the program expects size baz.

Do you have duplicate sets of headers installed?

What is ld, et. al. doing (use the -v switch)?

- alex