Subject: kernel, printer, floppy
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@spm.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1999 19:33:00
Hello to all.

big mess happened.. i had to swap motherboard of my Mac][, because i broke
it accidentally trying some damned RAM simms. and i had to fix my
scsi-chain. now all is done, i hope

with the fixed chain, i still noticed the following: the NCR-krenel works
bad and doesn't let me start X (various errors, core dumps....) while the
SBC kernel works (so the panics where due to my bad scsi chain as it seems,
they happened under heavy load of SCSi. now i can run X and even start the
SETI client with 8 megs... continuous swap but it seems to work)

but i know my mac][ has a NCR-type controller. while i was swapping my
upgrades (PMMU, ram, SWIM, 4 roms chips) i controlled: it is a NCR... so
why does only the SBC works decently?

now to the printer...

how can i use a printer attached to the printer port?
i thought of redirecting >/dev/sd0a but it gives me permission denied

once i can at least cat to it, how do i configure LPR? i mean what config
should i put in and in which file....

and now to the floppy....
do i have to build special devices? how?

/dev/rfd0a and similar (/dev/fd0) say device isn't there....

so "Mac oriented" suggestions on how to use the floppy would be great.

ric