Subject: Netatalk & Ghostcript
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/1999 22:17:10
Hi everyone,

Fist thing off I'll just want to say a word of thanks to all the mac68k
developers out there. I've got 1.4 running on my Q700 and I now can use
it as a Firewall/NAT for my DSL line, a print spooler for my LaserWriter
and a Appleshare server. All this on a machine I bought for $75.00!!!
Good job guys!!

I've decided to replace the Personal LaserWriter NTR as it is beginning
to show it's age. I've decided to replace the LaserWriter with an Epson
740. I'm interested in using ghostscript as the Postscript RIP and I
want to use PAP to have it show up as a LaserWriter in the chooser. I'm
pretty sure this is possible but I'm at a little bit of a loss as to how
to start out. Where do I specify that the printer is hooked up to the
modem port? And where do I invoke Ghostscript? If anyone know of a page
with this kind of info, please point me to the URL.

cheers,

Matthew Reilly