Subject: Option-2 & Option-3 under 1.4
From: Steve Revilak <root@parkdrive.home.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/1999 23:00:42
This morning I had a few free hours and decided to make another go
with my (much delayed) attempt at installing 1.4.  (I wanted to take
the time to go through the new /etc file by file).

This went better than the previous attempt. (Thanks to those who gave
me the Gestald ID tip-off!).

Has anyone else noticed that Option-(1,2,3) no longer work as
substitutes for mouse buttons 1, 2 & 3?  (My 3 button mouse is still
backordered..... :-(.  I've searched the digest archives but can't
find anything relating to it.

Option-left-arrow does work for mouse-2, and option-right-arrow for
mouse-3.

Also... pointer tracking is slower in 1.4 in an overall sense.  It
also varies depending on whether the mouse is over a window or over
the root image.

For example, over the desktop root, let's say that 4 inches of
physical motion (on the desk) translates into 400 pixels on the
screen.

Over a window, this might translate into only 325 pixels or so; the
window "slows it down..."  This seems to happen without regard to what
client a particular window belongs to.

Anyone else seeing this?

NetBSD 1.4, Generic #0, Quadra 605, 33 mHz w/FPU, 36 megs ram, MacOS
8.1

Thanks much!

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu