Subject: Re: off topic: LC ethernet card?
To: None <bob@kunk.jriver.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/1999 07:04:19
bob@kunk.jriver.com <bob@kunk.jriver.com> wrote:

>From: zeller@cif.rochester.edu (Ben Zeller)
>Subject: Re: off topic: LC ethernet card?
>
>At 11:30 AM -0700 6/30/99, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:
>>>Does anyone know where I can acquire a LC style ethernet card that works
>>>with NetBSD?  I would be willing to trade a NuBus or CommSlot ethernet card
>>>if anyone has an extra, or if anyone knows of a good dealer.
>
>I did a LOT of research on this topic :). The only possibility I could find
>involves an Apple LC ethernet card with the SONIC chipset.

There are two that I've found which will work in the LC/PDS slot under
NetBSD. They are:

The "Apple	LC Twisted-pair" part number 830-0891 which uses the	Sonic
DP83934BVUL chip, and the "Asante	MacCon III+" which uses the	ST-NIC
DP83902AV chip.

Two that don't work for NetBSD are:

The Dayna	part number m0437z/b	which uses the Sonic DP83934AVQB chip and
the NewerTech	LC10	which uses some proprietary chip.

-bob