Subject: Re: GENERIC test kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@guy.chonju21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/1999 09:23:40
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > I tried the new one, too.  It gets farther on the boot.  It gets
> > to my xdm login screen and then has a frozen keyboard.  I can't
> > enter anything to login to the machine.  Do these kernels have
> > debug enabled?
>
> Does the GENERIC kernel that Steve builds in the snapshots work for you?
> Do you have a stock or a modified 610?  Erik B. has reported success on
> his 610, which is why I ask...
>
> -allen

  That's interesting.  My setup might be a little different:

I have one big root/usr partion on an external drive.  And the
var partion on the internal drive.  The booter program is
running from the internal drive.
 The CPU has been replaced with a quaddoubler which runss at 50 MHZ
instead of the 25 MHZ stock chip.
	I have one 32 meg simm and one 16 meg simm of ram installed.
And recently I put in 2x256k vram simms to get the color X working.
That's about it.

		Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea