Subject: Re: auto booting after a PWR failure?
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@telia.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/1999 22:41:29
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Christopher P. Gill wrote:

[...]
>Startup Disk control panel.  All I've got to add is that there are some
>neat power control devices (basically programmable power stripts)
>available from Sophisticated Circuits (http://www.sophisticated.com/) for
>managing power.
>
>Although the control software is MacOS-based, the device itself can store
>programming, and can do things like apply power in order, with delay, to
>the different outlet groups.  I believe that you can program it to
>automatically do this after a power failure, but I haven't done it.
[...]

   I don't know how much those control devices from Sophisticated Circuits
are; Ever since two of my computers' hard disks were zapped by the power
coming in "bursts" after a lightning strike, I'm using ordinary,
"delayed-on" industrial relays on all power outlets to my computers. They
are only a few US bucks each.

Regards,
/Bjarne.