Subject: auto booting after a PWR failure?
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@guy.chonju21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/1999 21:55:41
  I have my quadra set to boot automatically after MacOS
start up.  But if the power goes down and comes back up again
it doesn't work because I have my netbsd boot partion on
an external disk drive. (and a minimum MacOS on the internal)
 That external drive needs a few seconds more to
start up and doesn't get mounted under MacOS when power is restored.
So the netbsd booter starts up and can't find my boot partion with
the kernel.  (At least that's what I think is happening)

 Now that I'm running this machine as my mail server
I would like to have it come up on it's own after a power failure. What can
I do to make the MacOS delay it's booting until the external hard drive is
ready??

  Sorry if any mail bounced back to anyone.  I returned from Seoul to find
the system stuck on the MacOS side. :(

	Guy
Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea