Subject: Re: Many MacIIci and 1.4 problems
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1999 21:10:32
[Catching up on old mail...]

On Jun 17, 12:20pm, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Andy Finnell wrote:
>> Thanks for all the help.  Swapping the regular kernel for GENERICSBC did
>> the trick though.  The odd thing is I could use the regular kernel in
>> 1.3.3 without any problems.
>There is no GENERICSBC config in the sup'd sources to inspect, but I
>bet it's stripped down. Is that kernel smaller than the other one?

It's not stripped down.  The differences are as follows:

            ADB driver     SCSI driver
GENERIC      HWDIRECT         NCR
GENERICSBC   HWDIRECT         SBC
MRG            MRG            NCR
MRGSBC         MRG            SBC

And that's it.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Weiler's Law:
	Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it
	himself.