Subject: Re: some questions ...
To: None <ender@macbsd.com, kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1999 18:18:11
At 5:30 PM -0700 6/29/99, Colin Wood wrote:
>Ken Nakata wrote:
>> Hmm, I thought all 650's (Quadras and Centrises) had the full 040...
>
>i want to say that some of the earlier centrises at least had the 'LC040,
>and possible the first of the quadras as well, but perhaps i'm
>misremembering...

We seem to have conflicting memories here.  Mine is that the Quadra 6[15]0
models were confusing because there was a rare high-end C610 with a full
'040 and motherboard Ethernet, and there was a low-end C650 with no
Ethernet and an 'LC040.  When they went to the Quadra models they
eliminated the confusion by making all 610's have LC040's and all 650's
have full '040's.  I don't remember what they did with the motherboard
Ethernet.  They also switched from the auto-inject floppies to
manual-inject floppy drives.