Subject: Re: some questions ...
To: kurkdj_m <kurkdj_m@epita.fr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1999 11:49:30
kurkdj_m wrote:
> i have several question about NetBSD on my Quadra 650:
> - Is WSCons supported by NetBSD on mac68k ? (like the i386 port), if yes
> how to activated it and/or find information on it ?

we don't support it quite yet.  there is some work going on to get it
supported, tho.

> - When i configure a second interface (sn0 internal and ae0 on nubus)
> i've got the folowing message:
> ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: File exists.
> What's wrong ?

ummm...you got me, unless you're trying to config an already configured
interface.  are you doing the ifconfig by hand or are you relying on the
proper settings in /etc/rc.conf?

> - My floppy disk is not supported, iwmInit return -77. but my floppy
> drive is standard 1.44", is there something to do ?

we don't support the floppy controller on the later quadras, yet :-(

> - is ther a configuration file for Xmac68k ? (for the keyboard and color
> deep)

for the keyboard, try reading the xmodmap(1) man page.  as for color, we
don't really support color, but there is an x server available which can
handle 16-bit color.  take a look at:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/

for more info on this one.

> - is there a clean way to have a french keyboard maping ?

hmmmmm...not on the console at the moment, although i think we have a
french keyboard for 'dt'.  as for X, you'd have to setup xmodmap in the
proper way...

> also i've got an fsck on startup. but fsck just core dump.
> what can i do ?

are you sure you have a full '040 in your 650?  you can try running fsck
again, but if it coredumps again i'm not quite sure why you'd be getting
the problem...

later.

colin