Subject: 1.4 kernels and scsi support
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <bob@kunk.jriver.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1999 22:24:11
I'm working with a performa 575 and netbsd 1.4 release 6/22/99

I've tried 3 scsi drives so far with the following results..

A WD enterprise 2 gig scsi-3 UW (with 50 - 68 pin adapter)  doesn't install
Netbsd from MacOS properly. It gets write errors near the end of the base
install. However, I can install from within NetBSD 1.4 itself.
Once installed, NetBSD runs ok except for periodic drive "timeouts" and
resulting scsi bus resets.

A Fujitsu M1606SAU 1.2 gig scsi-2 drive installs NetBSD 1.4 PERFECTLY from
MacOS but has the same timeouts and resets as above

A Seagate ST51080N scsi-2 drive doesn't install properly as in the case of the
WD above but DOES run 1.4 without the drive timeouts and resets!

I tried all 3 cases on both the generic and sbc kernels. No difference.

Also, I tried different memory settings in the Installer and it had no
effect on when the installer bombed. It "seems" to have something to do
with the length of the .tgz file..

Bob
--
Robert E. Brose II    N0QBJ