Subject: SunOS binaries on m68k platforms.
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, port-next68k@NetBSD.ORG,>
From: Sune Stjerneby <sst@hermes.koege-gym.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1999 18:26:57
Hi,

What do I need to do in order to run SunOS binaries on my m68k-based NetBSD
machines? I have the complete SunOS 4.1.1 distribution extracted and setup
all the compat-stuff, but to no avail - binaries die instantly whether static
or dynamic. I'll be picking up some actual Sun3's next week - are these
the only boxen which, under NetBSD, will run SunOS binaries?

I've tried on '040 Amigas, NeXTs and Mac boxen, all running NetBSD 1.4.

// Sune Stjerneby
<sst@hermes.koege-gym.dk> {Herfoelge, Denmark, EU} [+45 23 47 38 49]
  -- "Berkeley UNIX: 22 Years on the VAX."
  -- http://hermes.koege-gym.dk/~sst/hardware.html <- workstation collection
  -- http://www.{Net,Free,Open}BSD.ORG
  -- "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern
      technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."
^[:wq