Subject: GENERIC test kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1999 01:20:40
Hi.  I'd like to have a couple of people test the kernel at:
	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/test/netbsd-GENERIC.gz

[ If someone needs me to, I'll upload it to ftp.netbsd.org, too. ]

It's a GENERIC kernel built from the latest -current as of a couple of
hours ago.  I'd like to know if it boots and runs on your machine
(unless you use the SBC driver).

I'd especially like to hear from:
	AV users (there is now code to fully shut down the DMA on those
		machines during boot)  Also, run vmstat -i and let me
		know if the interrupt information looks right.
	PowerBook users.  I made some small changes to the pm_direct
		interfaces, but I think the semantics are unchanged.

	Quadra 700/900/950 users (things should work, but let me know if
		I've flubbed something)
	Quadra 610/650/800 users (again, things should work.  I wasn't
		able to test these as my Q650 is kaput)
	All other 040-based Quadra/Performa/LC users (I don't know if
		these models support the A/UX interrupt scheme)

The first two are unaffected (presumably) by the A/UX interrupt changes,
but it's possible that I goofed.

Let me know...

Thanks,
-allen