Subject: mac68k -current changes
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1999 22:12:30
Hi, folks.  I've just committed a lot of changes--I did a quick
proof-read of the diffs before checking them in, but I might have
left more junk in there than I meant to.  If so, I'm sorry--please
let me know and I'll clean it up.

IOPs are not working for me yet.  I committed the code, though, so
others can play with it and see if they can figure out where I'm
going wrong.  I'm going to be travelling a bit and won't have time
to hack on it for a while.  That code was written based on my reading
of Joshua Thompson's Linux code.  He's not run it on a Q950 yet (which
is what I'm using).
For the Q900/Q950/IIfx, the ADB is basically ignored at boot.  If you
want to work on this, search for IOP in adb_direct.c and let me know
what you find.

The A/UX interrupts are enabled for all quadras (except the AVs).  This
might cause problems for Quadra class machines (this includes 040 LCs
and Performas) that are not of the Q700/900/950 or Q/C610/650/800
series.  Please be cautious with your first kernel of this ilk and let
me know if your machine does or does not work if you don't have one of
the above machines.

With the A/UX interrupt scheme, you should not lose as many clock
interrupts, so the clock should keep better time on these machines
when compiling.

I don't expect there to be problems with what I've done, but I wanted
to give you a heads-up.  I'm compiling a GENERIC kernel for people to
try if they're interested--it'll be up in a while (my 950 only has
16MB--4MB or larger SIMMs would be welcome--this machine will replace
www.macbsd.com as soon as I get ADB working ;-).

Cheers,
-allen