Subject: Re: ADB Problem?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1999 19:07:41
Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com> wrote:

>> Has anyone else noticed that console keyboard input is sometimes
>> duplicated when the system is under heavy Serial load?
>
>I just ran into this on a Q700 under heavy disk and reasonable ethernet
>load (20MB machine with two disks running about 12 copies of
>'ls -lasR / > /dev/null 2>&1 &' and a 'ping -n -s 32760 xx.xx.xx.xx').
>This was under the A/UX interrupt scheme (which i think is working now
>and which I will commit after I clean a few other things up).

Thanks for verifying this for me!  Glad to see it's not just my system
(for once).  It's not a big thing, although it'd be nice if it wasn't
there at all.  However, the 1.4 release on the 68k Mac has been very
solid and is a significant step forward.  I've only seen one crash that
wasn't caused by a power failure and that may be due to running out of
SWAP which is most certainly a cockpit error on my part.

>> Is the summer heat getting to me or should I submit a PR?
>
>Submit a PR.  Thanks.

Done.  I've also included the information you provided.

>> BTW, I have almost all of the packages rebuilt for the m68k systems -
>> 500+ so far.  It's not very easy for me to upload this much data, but if
>> someone with access to the NetBSD Server can upload them from a CDROM I'd
>> be happy to send them one.
>
>I'd be happy to do so, except that I'm not sure that I still have access
>to the ftp server...  I'll check on that.

No hurry and even if you no longer have access I'm sure I'll hear from
someone who does. I figure the first pass at building the packages will
finish by next weekend. (It's only been running since late last month.)
Then I've got a script that will run though on a second pass and try to
pick up any straglers and updates do to changes, missing distfiles, etc.
Maybe by the time 1.4.1 or 1.5 comes out I'll have them all built. ;-)

-bob