Subject: Re: ADB Problem?
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1999 15:12:36
Bob Nestor wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that console keyboard input is sometimes
> duplicated when the system is under heavy Serial load?  Typing "abc" will
> sometimes show up as "aabbc".  This is a stock 1.4 generic-sbc system
> running on a 33mhz '030.  At first I thought it was just cockpit error on
> my part, but it's pretty easy to duplicate on my system at least.  All I
> need is to get a stable connection on my 56k modem and then try running
> vi on the console while doing a download.  Well, maybe the background
> compiles contribute to the problem too.

hwdirect ADB code, i assume?

> Is the summer heat getting to me or should I submit a PR?

well, it might well be getting to you (i certainly wish it would get to
me, but it's still cold and rainy up here in the pacific northwest), but
i'd submit a PR anyway if the problem is fairly reproducible.  if you're
lucky, someone may actually figure out the problem and fix it :-)

> -bob
>
> BTW, I have almost all of the packages rebuilt for the m68k systems -
> 500+ so far.  It's not very easy for me to upload this much data, but if
> someone with access to the NetBSD Server can upload them from a CDROM I'd
> be happy to send them one.

ooohhhh....cool.  of course, don't exactly have high bandwidth access...oh
well...

later.

colin