Subject: Re: quadra 800 stories
To: Sean-Paul Rees <sean@flame.org>
From: Christopher P. Gill <cpg@scs.howard.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1999 20:13:01
On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Sean-Paul Rees wrote:

> i am convicing my local ISP (a mac user group) to run NetBSD alongside
> MacOS X Server as a webserver. they have an extra quadra 800, which i'll
> work with. any stories, woes with this machine that i should know about?
> :-)

The Q800s are good machines  :-)

I've got a Quadra 800 40/500/2xCD (soon to be 40/500+500+80/2xCD, I hope)
which is running NetBSD 1.4 quite well.  I haven't had any of the weird
problems that I've seen discussed on this list.  I've got X-Windows
running in 8-bit color, and all I need now is a three-button mouse, and to
swap my Etherport NIC for one that's supported so I can set it up as a
proper IP-NAT gateway/firewall.  I did a complete install of the standard
distribution, and I now need more space in /usr (200 MB).

"Don't die wondering..."                http://www.cldc.howard.edu/~cpg
                                              email: cpg@scs.howard.edu
chris out-              Christopher P. Gill
  peace.        C.L.D.C. Senior System Operator (Ret.)