Subject: kernel freeeze on SCSI
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@spm.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1999 22:06:00
Hello

i suffer kernel problems with supposedly SCSI on my Mac][ with BSD 1.4

when using generic i get continuos freezes, X doersn't start and the whole
is unreliable

when using generic_sbc all seems to work far better, but i get after
continued disk activity (compiling, use of X, swapping on load) i get to
debugger due to bus error.
when i observe my scsi sniffer i see that the ACK line remains pulled and
that i have to shut down and restart the hard disk to be able to even
reboot
if i make "reboot" in the debugger it cannot sync disks because it says it
working against itself locked.

help?

ric