Subject: NetBSD 1.4 on a PowerBook 520c
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Derek Carroll <dcarroll@interaccess.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1999 00:32:48
I've tried installing the latest NetBSD onto an old PowerBook 520c, and I
can't seem to get it to boot properly.  No matter what I try, I seem to end
up hanging during startup of NetBSD with the following message:

root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
(with a solid block cursor sitting on the next line)

The partitions are correct, I checked with disklabel in the installer app.
I ran Mkfs_1.45 before installing and everything...

Is there a special workaround for the newly-supported PB500-series, or am I
just doing (or not doing) something dumb?

Derek Carroll
Webmaster

crimsonskies.com
mechcommander.com