Subject: Re: gnu-cash build errors
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: guy santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1999 19:29:37
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, guy santiglia wrote:
>
> > perl -p  -e "s|\@GNC_RUNTIME_SHAREDIR\@|/usr/pkg/share/gnucash|o;"  -e
> > "s|\@GNC_RUNTIME_CONFIGDIR\@|/usr/pkg/share/gnucash|o"  <
> > src/scm/startup/init.scm.in > src/scm/startup/init.scm
> > Bus error - core dumped
> > *** Error code 138
> >
> > Stop.
>
> Perl is freaking out. It means perl is writing to memory that it thought
> it allocated, but which in fact doesn't even exist. Is this a perl that
> you compiled yourself? The current package compiles perl not to use it's
> own malloc. If "perl -V | grep malloc -" doesn't show "usemymalloc=n",
> recompiling perl from the current pkgsrc might help.

  It was a perl that I installed from the package source a while ago.  I installed
the current package source last week.  Do you think that is current enough so
it won't use it's own malloc?  (whatever that means)

  I did pkg-delete on the old perl and am building a new one from the package.
I'll give the gnu-cash another try after I install perl again.

	Thanks for your help,

		Guy