Subject: Re: Asante & IIci cache card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1999 08:24:49
The following mail was sent yestderday (22.060.1999, 8:22, +0200), but
obviously didn't make it thru to the list. OTOH, I did not get any
error msg (????)

Sorry in advance if posting twice.

Kind regards, Ulrich

---begin forwarded text

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:29:44 +0200
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
=46rom: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
Cc: port-mac68k@netbsd.org
Bcc:

On 17:32 Uhr +0200 22.06.1999, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > very surprising result: As said before, under MacOS (8.1 german) the
> > card works fine in the IIsi (17 MB, Nubus adapter with FPU integrated).
>
> What slot does it show up in on the IIsi?  For the commands to be
> equivalent to the IIci commands, you'll have to change the address
> for the correct slot.  For example, if the card appears in slot S,
> you'll want to run the commands:
> 	dm fSed0000
> 	sb fSed0000 FF
> 	dm fSed0000
> 	sb fSed0000 00
> 	dm fSed0000
>
> I believe that the IIsi PDS provides several "slots" that the card can
> appear in, but I don't have the documentation nearby.
>
> -allen

Ok, here is what happened on the IIsi:

input:
dm F9ED000
output:
Displaying memory from F9ED0000
 F9ED0000  0000 0000 5591 0000  FFFF  1944 001D AAAA ****U=EB*****D**=81=81
input:
sb F9ED0000 FF
output:
Memory set starting at F9ED0000
input:
dm F9ED000
output:
Displaying memory from F9ED0000
 F9ED0000  FFFF FFFF 5591 0000  FFFF  1944 001D AAAA ****U=EB*****D**=81=81
input:
sb F9ED0000 00
output:
Memory set starting at F9ED0000
input:
dm F9ED000
output:
Displaying memory from F9ED0000
 F9ED0000  0000 0000 5591 0000  FFFF  1944 001D AAAA ****U=EB*****D**=81=81

Does this make things clearer?

Curiously waiting and with many thanks for your help,

Ulrich

---end forwarded text